- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts or pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie (15 oz.)
- 2 cans apples not pie filling (20-oz. each) sliced , drained *
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-2/3 cups HERSHEY’S Cinnamon Chips 10-oz. pkg. , divided
- Vanilla ice cream optional
CINNAMON DRIZZLE (recipe follows, optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 unbaked crust in 9-inch pie plate.
- Gently stir together sliced apples, sugar and flour in large bowl; fold in 1 cup cinnamon chips. Spoon mixture into crust. Put second crust on top, crimping edges together as directed on package; cut several slits in top crust in center and toward sides. Cover edges with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes; remove foil. Continue baking 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling. Cool completely. Just before serving, top each piece with scoop of ice cream and drizzle with CINNAMON DRIZZLE, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie. Makes 8 servings.
- CINNAMON DRIZZLE: Melt remaining 2/3 cup cinnamon chips with 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil.)
- * 6 cups fresh, peeled and sliced baking apples may be substituted for the canned sliced apples.